Sunday, March 19, 2023

Brutus Monroe Stick and Stamp Mat: Is it Worth It?

Hi everyone! I'm back with another product review, this time the Brutus Monroe Stick and Stamp mat. First off I would like to say that I purchased this with my own money. This is an unbiased, and honest review (like all of mine)! I have been eyeing this product for a while but for some reason never picked it up. It's not that much money, but I never thought I needed it. Keep reading to see if that changed!




Here is the Stick and Stamp Mat still in its packaging! I bought it for 6.77 from Vanessa at Butterfly Reflections Ink! 




Here is the blend I made on it! I think it came out really good and the mat worked! However, the back of it didn't create any friction with my craft mat so I had to tape it down, but that isn't a huge problem for me, especially if I'm making cards in bulk! I also washed it with just water and almost all the ink came off, but it did leave a little stain. The stickiness did come back completely after it dried so you can wash it, just with water and a little soap!




Pros

- Very cheap compared to other crafty tools

- Small and easy to store

- Very easy to clean 

- Adheres well to paper 

- Prevents fingerprints on ink-blended surfaces 


Cons (I'm Nitpicking at This Point)

- You have to use some sort of tape to adhere the mat to your crafting surface 

- Ink will slightly stain the mat (but this won't affect its performance)





Final Verdict?

You should absolutely buy this product if you do a lot of ink blending! All of the pros heavily outweigh the cons. I am so happy that I won't be getting any fingerprints on my ink-blended creations anymore, I wish I bought it sooner! A little tip is to bend the mat when peeling away your creation so the creation doesn't get bent! I do that all the time with my Cricut cutting mats and that tip applies here too! If you have any questions, please leave them in the comments or DM me on Instagram! I hope you enjoyed this review! Happy crafting everyone!

Click Here to Purchase the Stick and Stamp Mat (Not Affiliate)

2 comments:

  1. There is a blending buddy that prevents the ink from getting around the edges of the stencil…head on over to brutusmonroe.com to see it ! (I’m on the Design Team !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for letting me know!

      Delete