Sunday, March 12, 2023

Save Your Scraps: How you can use Your Scraps in Cardmaking

 Hi everyone! As I was creating some card fronts, I was shocked by the amount of paper I was wasting. Those little scraps add up and cardstock isn't cheap. Today, I want to show you how you can use your scraps to make a new card! Also, if you haven't checked out my second guest design with Newton's Nook, you can find that here! Lets get started!





The first step in creating this card is making the strips out of your scraps. Mine were "pre-made" from cutting card fronts! The ones I used are a half an inch wide by 11 inches long, but you can use any size you'd like!



Once you have made your strips, then you need to select your ink pads to use. I used my Catherine Pooler ink pads, which are my favorite, in the colors Flirty Fuchsia, Pucker Up, and Glam. Then I used a technique called swinking. This is where you swipe ink pad across paper to color it! I realized after the fact that the colors I chose look like the Cheshire Cat from Alice in Wonderland!





As you can see above, some ink is wasted on your mat. You could spray a little water down and create a mixed media background with the ink! Then, once all of your strips are colored, start glueing them to your card base. You can do them in whatever pattern you like, but I just alternated the colors. 


 


Then I trimmed off the excess, and added a border with some reflective gold cardstock. I also cut out my "hello" die from Cathy Zielske. Once everything was assembled, I glued it onto my card base which finished the card!


Thanks for reading!

Thank you so much for reading! This is my fourth month of consistently posting on my blog and I keep doing it because I love inspiring others! If you make a card with this technique, I would love to see it! You can find a supply list below and as always, happy crafting!



Supply List (No Links are Affiliate)




No comments:

Post a Comment