Saturday, March 4, 2023

Same Stamp, Two Different Outcomes! A Collab With Michelle Ruelle AKA Stamparuecreations

 Hi everyone! I'm so excited to have my crafting bestie Michelle on my blog with me for this post! We decided to use the same exact flower stamp, but create two totally different cards with it! Hers is a much more classic vibe while mine is a little funky, but both are amazing! I will prefice you that there won't be a supply list this week because so many amazing products were used, but we will mention all the products we use in the directions! Here are her social media link! If you don't follow Michelle already, you should. She does amazing work for senior citizens, donating over 5,000 cards in 2022! Not to mention how amazingly talented she is!

Instagram 

Stamp-A-Rue Creations Website

Facebook



Card 1; A Classic Card by Michelle 



First, Michelle stamped the Meadow Flower stamp from Technique Tuesday (which has been retired due to Technique Tuesday's closing) in black ink from VersaMark. She then colored the flower with the Copic colors Y00, Y04, and Y08. She then colored in the leaves, also with Copic markers, in the colors G21 and G24. After all the coloring was complete, she restamped the stamp with the same ink and applied gold embossing powder. I personally think this was an amazing touch! It makes it look so elegant!



She then started working on that wonderful background! She applied Catherine Pooler ink in the color Bellini through the trellis stencil from Altenew. After that was complete, she sprayed a gold spray to add a mixed media affect to the card! She then stamped the "Hooray" sentiment from the Meadow Flower stamp set and also embossed it in gold embossing powder. 



Once that front panel was complete, she glued down the flower and added a gold border to the panel! She then added some pattern paper from the Pink & Main Dragonfly Dream paper pack to add the finishing touch! She glued everything to her card base to finish off the card. This card came out absolutely beautiful! All of the touches of gold complete the card in my opinion!




Card 2; A Funky Mixed Media Card by Brennan



The first thing I did was put some ink from three different ink pads onto my glass mat and mixed them with a little water. I used two Catherine Pooler ink pads in the colors Garden Party and Cummerbund and an Altenew ink cube in the color raspberry. I then put some of that liquid onto my paint brush and lightly tapped it over the card front to get the splatter effect! 



I then stamped the Meadow Flower stamp onto the card front also in VersaFine ink. It's kinda funny that we both used Catherine Pooler ink pads and the VersaFine ink pad! I then applied clear embossing powder to the flower and melted it with my heat gun. With that being done, the card is almost complete! I added a small black border to the card front and then glued that to my card base!




Thank you for Reading

Thank you all so much for reading! Michelle and I both hope that we inspired you in some way, shape, or form. We wanted to share how you can use the same stamp and create two extremely different cards and I think we accomplished that! Once again, if you haven't followed Michelle yet you really should! Have a nice day and as always, happy crafting! 

1 comment: